Friday, May 21, 2010

Environmentally friendly choice for varnishing floors

I knew that I wanted the floors in this house to be a feature, but I was not prepared to compromise by using something which would be detrimentally to the health of my family and the environment.
I researched A LOT!!! But the best that I could come up with would be to oil the floors, which would need to be done every year or so. I didn't really mind that though, as I felt it was a better alternative to polyurethane.

However, when I was looking for environmentally friendly paints and was speaking with ecolour I found out that they also do a floor varnish. Again, using their recycling technology they have created a great 'green' alternative.

It was so easy to use. We sanded back the floors and sealed with the polyclear...2 hours between coats and I love the finish. Unlike ordinary polyurethane, polyclear actually feeds the wood.

Me, happy??!!!! Hell yeah...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Lovely blog. New follower from http://www.sassymahoganywife.com/. Hope you stop by and visit me soon.

    ReplyDelete